Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge, provided:
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of ePubWU is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- ePubWU holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English; German
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of ePubWU, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If ePubWU receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- ePubWU will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- ePubWU regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- In the event of ePubWU being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.